Welcome to Unity Victoria, Spiritual Community
We invite and welcome all people of all faiths.
We express universal Principles of Love, Truth and One-ness with God as a way of life
As a spiritual community, we support one another to fulfill our Divine purpose.
As a spiritual community, our relationships are guided by the following core values:
Loving-kindness, Joy, Empowerment, Authenticity, Being Spirit-Led
Unity is a spiritual movement that offers practical spiritual teachings that empowers abundant and meaningful living.
The following 5 principles guide our worldwide spiritual community
1.God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
Members of our community have different words and methods for describing what is simply referred to as God. Some examples include: Spirit, Universe, Buddha Nature, Allah, Christ Conciousness. We believe that there is only one Power and one Presence in the universe and in our lives - God the Good.
2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
We do not believe in the concept of Original Sin; we believe that we have been created in Original Blessing.
3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
When we change our thoughts/beliefs, we change our lives. We encourage individuals, through their own initiative to grow spiritually.
4. Through meditation and prayer, we experience the presence of God. We can therefore heighten our awareness and transform our lives.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
God is Spirit, the loving source of all that is. God is the one power, all good, everywhere present, all wisdom. God is divine energy, continually creating, expressing and sustaining all creation. In God, we live and move and have our being. In Unity, some other ways we speak of God are Life, Light, Love, Substance, Principle, Law and Universal Mind.
The Nature of Humankind
We are each individual, eternal expressions of God. Our essential nature is divine and therefore inherently good. Our purpose is to express our divine potential as realized and demonstrated by Jesus and other master teachers. The more we awaken to our divine nature, the more fully God expresses in and through our lives.
- Heaven is not a place, but a state of consciousness; we create our own heaven and hell here and now.
- We all have an innate capacity to know God through direct experience.
- The “Christ” is that part of God that is in every person. There is a spark of divinity within all people, just as there was in Jesus.
- Prayer works.
- We are here to set a positive example and be a role model for others.
- We are here to make the world a better place.
We believe that Jesus expressed his divine potential and sought to show humankind how to express ours as well. We see Jesus as a master teacher of universal truths and as a Way Shower. In Unity, we use the term Christ to mean the divinity in humankind. Jesus is the great example of the Christ in expression. We also recoginize that there are other "master teachers" from whom we gain wisdom and insight.
Unity founders Charles and Myrtle Fillmore studied the Bible as history and allegory and interpreted it as a metaphysical representation of humankind's evolutionary journey toward spiritual awakening. In addition, Unity recognizes that the Bible is a complex collection of writings compiled over many centuries. We honor the writings as reflecting the understanding and inspiration of the writers at the time they were written. The Bible continues to be a valuable spiritual resource for us.
Prayer and Meditation
Affirmative prayer is the highest form of creative thought. It includes the release of counterproductive, negative thoughts, as well as holding in mind statements of spiritual truth. Through meditation, we experience the presence of God. Prayer and meditation heighten our awareness and thereby transform our lives.
Unity Views On:
History of Unity can be found by clicking here